Student Internships Fall 2018 Applications Closed. Please check back in Spring of 2019.
During the fall months, the Pasadena Jaycees are proud to offer the Youth Intern Program! This program aims to give citizens under the age of twenty-one a chance to develop leadership and networking skills through our community service projects that will benefit them as they prepare to join other organizations and the workforce. Interns observe board and committee meetings and volunteer with Jaycees and like-minded students to get an understanding of how projects are organized and how a non-profit organization is managed.
Students will focus on the Pasadena Jaycees’ two most prestigious community service projects — Operation Gobbler and Operation Santa. Meetings and volunteer events begin in late October. Program duration is two months, from the end of October through December. In the early part of the new year, an awards luncheon will be held in their honor.
- Junior Chamber of Commerce Youth Intern Certificate of Achievement
- Letter of Recommendation from the Pasadena Jaycees President
- Ceremony/Luncheon with the Pasadena Jaycees Board and all the Jaycee Youth Interns
- Top 3 Jaycee Youth Interns receive a gift and are recognized at the annual Pasadena Jaycees Awards and Installations (A&I) Banquet
- Writer of the Best PMG (Project Management Guide) will be recognized at the Intern Luncheon and their project will be considered for execution by the Pasadena Jaycees
Community Service (20 hours + 24 optional hours):
- Attend two Operation Gobbler food shifts per weekend for two weekend and one shift the other weekend (Total 15 hours)
- Attend the Operation Gobbler Food Sorting (3 hours)
- Attend the Operation Gobbler Food Distribution (Optional)
- Attend one Operation Santa Letter Reading (Total 2 hours)
- Attend Operation Santa Toy Sorting on Dec 23rd or Distribution Day on Christmas Eve (Optional)
- Attend Operation Santa Clean Up on Dec 26th (Optional)
- Attend Program Sales on New Year’s Day (Optional; highly recommended)
Meetings (3 hours + 2 optional hours; held on weekday evenings):
- Attend 1 Operation Gobbler committee meeting (1 hour)
- Attend 1 Operation Santa committee meeting (1 hour)
- Attend 1 Board of Directors meeting (1 hour)
- Attend a Queens Breakfast committee meeting (1 hour; optional)
- Attend a Program Sales committee meeting (1 hour; optional)
Each Intern will write a Project Management Guide (PMG) as a proposal for a new Pasadena Jaycees project. Guidelines and due date will be discussed at the Info Session and Orientation meetings. Approx. time commitment is 1-2 hours. How to Get Involved:
If you’re interested in joining, please email [email protected]
. To apply to be a Jaycee Intern fill out our online application.